Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year
澳门乐赢网址School begins on Monday, August 17.
The school bus routes will depend on which plan the District start with and if the District moves to another plan after the start of school. Please click here to get the latest information on reopening of school. If the District is in plan A use the plan A bus routes, if the District in in plan B use the plan B routes. These routes can be very different so please pay close attention.
澳门乐赢网址Do you know how to find your bus route? Please use the following tips to find busing information:
1. Go to Bus Routes by School on the Transportation page to the left. Find the pickup location nearest your residence/daycare.
2. Click on the bus number to see detailed route information with the nearest stop and approximate time on the route.
3. If you’re not sure, please contact our office at 208-578-5420 for help or additional information.
Please have your student at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the given times.
The Transportation Department continues to look for efficiencies in our systems and ways to improve our safety and services while staying within the budget. We have upgraded our radios to a system that will allow us to stay connected to the buses in all of Southern Idaho. We have also upgraded most of our cameras with units that will allow us to have better visibility in the newer buses that have higher seats. Higher seats allow more padding for student safety while on the buses. Last but not least, we have purchased routing software to assist with bus routes. All of these purchases have been approved by the state and are reimbursable so there is minimal impact on the budget.
For Elementary Students:
- The State of Idaho reimburses school districts for bus transportation to and from school for students living 1.5 miles or more from school.BCSD will go over and above the state reimbursement and will transport elementary students who live approximately .5 or more miles from school. Exceptions to this include elementary students who have to cross a major highway without a manned crossing.
For Middle and High School Students:
- BCSD will go over and above the state reimbursement and will transport middle and high school students who live approximately .75 miles or more from school with the exception of students who have to cross a major highway without a flashing light crosswalk.
澳门乐赢网址For All Students Riding Buses:
- BCSD will provide one fixed pick-up location in the morning for each student and one fixed drop off location in the afternoon. The morning pick-up location and afternoon drop-off location may be two different locations. We will not be able to accommodate one time changes as we cannot budget extra seats on buses for occasionally riders.
- BCSD will transport students to the school that is in their assigned zone, exceptions to this involve daycare or drop off points and pre-kindergarten.
- BCSD will only transport students to and from their assigned stops. The practice of allowing students to go to a fellow student’s home on the bus will not be permitted.
Questions? Please call the Transportation office at 208-578-5420.
1060 Fox Acres Rd
Hailey, ID 83333